Ghibli Museum | Mitaka, Japan


Back when Markus and I first started dating, he introduced me to the world of Hayao Miyazaki with Spirited Away. Afterwards, I watched every Miyazaki film I could get my hands on. Some I liked, better than others, but nothing was like Spirited Away. When I found out that we could visit a museum dedicated to Miyazaki's films and works, I planned a whole day around it.

One of the highlights of our Japan trip was the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Japan. Unfortunately we were unable to take photos inside the museum, but we took heaps of photos outside. The museum was really interesting and enjoyable. We explored the grounds, saw exhibits of his concepts and even a mock-up of his office. It was incredible being able to step into the mind of a creative genius. Even though the museum is off the beaten path, it's definitely worth the trip and a great way to spend the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...