Perks of Teaching in South Korea: Adorable Students


One of the perks of teaching in South Korea is definitely the kids. Markus and I often talk about the extreme cuteness of Korean kids. They are by far the cutest kids in the world. I don't know if I'm bias but I think Asian kids are freaking adorable and nothing can top Korean kids. Most days, I just run around the library gushing over them. Markus and I usually argue about who has the cuter students, but I always think that my kids are the best. Not only are they smaller and talkative, but they also speak English really well. So yea, I win.

My favorite <3
Look at that face, so cute.
My favorite student is in the pre-school class and he's really tiny. I think he's younger than all the other students. When I saw him, I was really worried. We had another young student and he would run around the class, yell at everyone and sit under the desk. He was basically a nightmare. I was worried that this new boy was going to be just like him. 

When I started reading the book, I started pointing to pictures and the only kid that knew the answers was that little boy. He was the only one answering any of my questions. Later, there was an activity that needed scissors. He shouted in Korean, "Teacher, I don't have scissors!" I told him to come to the front and grab some. When he went to get the scissors, he yelled out to his classmates, "Who needs scissors?" It was in that moment that I fell in love with that little boy. Every time I see him, his face lights up with a big smile and I can't help but feel happy. It's definitely students like him that make me love what I do.

2 comments:

  1. These kids are so cute! However, they still don;'t top the cuteness of Beomil's students! ;P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...