Miss Wong Cocktail Bar | Siem Reap, Cambodia


While in Siem Reap, Markus and I wanted to try and find unique and interesting places to eat. As much as I love Korea, it still lacks a lot of the comforts of home. There is a lack of cocktail bars, western food and even authentic Asian foods. While researching Cambodia, I stumbled upon Miss Wong Cocktail Bar. It's described as a "a taste of vintage Shanghai." I scoured the reviews, which were mostly positive, and scanned through all the photos. It seemed like the perfect place to spend an evening and we marked it as a must see.


After a tiring day at Angkor Wat, Markus and I decided to venture out to Pub Street, a very popular tourist area, and eat at Miss Wong. We weren't sure how to get there, so we hired a tuk-tuk to take us there. The driver left us on the street and pointed down an alley. I turned and saw red lanterns and umbrellas and knew we were at the right place. We walked in and I felt like I was in heaven. The ambiance and atmosphere was amazing. It was a bit dark, but not in a seedy, creepy way. There was a great mix of locals and tourists and I could tell that it was a very popular place.


Markus and I went a bit crazy and ordered heaps of drinks and food. The great thing about Cambodia is that everything is crazy cheap. Meals are as low as $2 and cocktails can be $1. It's a travelers dream come true. Miss Wong is a bit more classy so drinks were around $5 and the food was anywhere from $3 - $6. It was great. The drinks were pretty good, but not the best I've had. I enjoyed all of our food, but my favorite was the dessert. It was a sort of sticky red bean pudding. I can't really remember exactly, but what I do remember is that I was really satisfied with it.

Overall, I really enjoyed Miss Wong. It's probably in my top 10 best bars in the world and I've been to quite a few. So, if you find yourself in Siem Reap, Cambodia make sure you visit Miss Wong! You won't regret it, promise.

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely one of the most beautiful places in here. The two best things about this place is the stunning view from the top and their delicious food.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...