Oh Korea Quote #2

Most of the time in Korea, I can understand or figure out what people say to me. It's like I have a sort of sixth sense in translating Konglish. What can I say? It's a gift. Although, there are still moments where I just can't figure out what the other person means. No matter how much Korean I use or English the other person uses, the meaning is just lost.

One shining example would be this quote, "Nothing is beautiful, unless you are beautiful." I'm not really sure what this person meant. Did they mean that since I am not beautiful, nothing is beautiful? Could he have meant that I am beautiful and because of that, everything is beautiful? Before I could ask, he ran off.  When I saw him again, the moment had passed and so I will never know what he meant. Either way this is definitely an "Oh Korea" moment that left me confused.

2 comments:

  1. I think it means that if you don't find yourself beautiful, then you can't truly see the beauty around you. Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to say that you're right, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant. Although, I think we're gonna go with what you said!!! xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...