Pre Rup | Angkor Wat, Cambodia


Pre Rup, which means "turn the body", was probably my favorite temple in the Angkor Wat complex. It's not one of the popular temples and it's a little out of the way.  It was built in 961 or 962 and dedicated to the Hindu god, Shiva. When we visited, there weren't that many people. There were only a handful of tourists and even smaller amount of Khmer people trying to sell crafts. I think the main reason I liked Pre Rup was the because of the lack of people. Markus and I were able to explore freely. I hate feeling rushed when I'm traveling and I felt that at some of the other sites. Since there weren't heaps of people in the way, I was able to have a relaxing and enlightening experience.

4 comments:

  1. Okay.. so ya'll matched on purpose yah?
    tisk tisk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things you don't know about Asians... it's what we do. We always match, even if we don't mean to do it. :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I was just commenting on the matching thing too lol hilarious! I love it. =)
    -the biffle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...