Historic Marathon Village | Nashville, Tennessee


As I've said before, I love Nashville. It's a great city. One of my favorite parts of the city that we found by accident was the historic Marathon Village. It was the location of Marathon Motor Factory and they manufactured cars in from 1914 to 1918. Unfortunately, Marathon Motors did not take off and they closed their doors soon after. Thankfully, the space has been fully restored and is now used for local businesses like Antique Archaeology.  I love when cities take old warehouses and buildings and turn them into lofts or commercial spaces. I think that we tend to lose a lot of charm when we demolish old buildings. They add a lot of charm and character to a city. I'm glad we were able to explore this great space and see the charming side of Nashville.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...