Al's Cafe | Elgin, Illinois


Even though I dislike living all the way out in the burbs, there are still little pockets of awesomeness. Currently we live in Elgin, which is like an hour and a half from Chicago. It's torture, but we try to make the best of it. One thing Markus and I like to do is explore. When my brother and mommyo came to town, we were still new to the area. We found some really good places and one of those spots was Al's Cafe in downtown Elgin.

Al's is basically an institution in these parts and has been in business since the 80s. The building itself dates back to 1892. I love places like Al's that are full of history. I loved the look and feel of the place. The bottom floor had old pews for seating, which mommyo loved. The upstairs felt more intimate and homey with books lining a small portion of the wall. The food is typical Americana and quite good. Although, the real specialty are the malts and shakes. I've never had a malt before and I don't think I could ever go back to milkshakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...