Creepy Cinema 2012


If you know me, you know that I cannot handle anything that is remotely scary or suspenseful. The minute a movie or TV show gets too intense, I either get up and walk away or I cover my eyes with my hands and peek through them.

I remember when I was younger I couldn't even watch episodes of "Are You Afraid of the Dark" without screaming or turning away. I attribute my fear of all things spooky to my two older brothers. They are much older than me and were always trying to scare their little sister. I can't tell you how many times they tricked me. My little heart couldn't handle it, so I was always afraid of things that go bump in the night.

Due to my complete lack of tolerance for scary things, I have missed out on many years of scary movie watching that is mandatory as an adolescent. No one in my family really likes scary movies, so I was never really exposed to them. However, Markus is an avid fan of all things horror. When we first started dating, he was completely appalled by this fact. For years, he's tried to get me to watch scary movies with him and every time he asked, I refused. The only way I would watch the movie is if he would tell me what would happen beforehand so I could cover my eyes. Silly? Yes, I know, but hey at least I tried. As time has gone by, I just refuse to watch a scary movie. I can't do it. I get all panicky and my heart beats really quickly. This year, I'm determined to break the curse. 

I'm going to spend all of October, all 31 days, watching some form of scary movie. I feel like after 9 years of watching scary movies alone, it's the least I could do for Markus. He's compiled a list of 31 movies that span the course of horror film history, and will introduce me to the world of Creepy Cinema. There are lots of moves that I haven't seen, some that I haven't seen in ages and a few that I really love. You know, some family friendly movies; I need to have some levity in the midst of all the suspense.  When making the list Markus tried to stray away from the blood and gore (i.e. Saw, Hostel, etc). There is no way I could last through 31 days of that. I think I would go crazy.

I must admit, I'm a bit worried for the next 31 days. I don't think I'll be able to handle it, but I'm determined to do this. I know I can do this. I have to do this, for Markus. Oh, the things we do for love. 

So how about you, dear readers, are you going to spend this October watching horror flicks?  Do you like scary movies? What are your favorites?

*Credits*
Skeleton, tree & paper clip art: The Graphics Fairy


Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Hotties of Creepy Cinema

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...