Used Books and More | Manchester, England


While in Manchester, we found this amazing used bookstore. I'm kicking myself in the bum, because I can't remember the name of the store. We found it as we were strolling about in the city center. It was quite dusty, but also cozy. In the front there were heaps of old novels and paperbacks. They even had sections specifically for Doctor Who. I spent most of my time perusing that area. I was able to purchase a tiny little Dalek, Weeping Angel and Cyberman. I know they're meant to be menacing, but when they're so tiny, all I can say is, "aw".

I really enjoy used bookstores like this. Manchester and Edinburgh had many similar kinds of establishments. In Florida, we used to have this amazing used bookstore, All Books and Records. It was huge and filled with books, DVDs, CDs and comics. It was a haven for Markus and I. Then one Saturday we drove there and it was unexpectedly closed. We never found out why, it was boarded up and the sign was gone. It was like a piece of us had suddenly gone missing. In the growing age of technology, stores like this are slowly disappearing. It makes me sad, but it makes me cherish the ones that are still open even more.



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...