Bayon Temple | Angkor Wat, Cambodia | 1 of 2


I have to admit that before I moved to Korea, I didn't know much about Cambodia. I think it's one of those countries that falls under the radar, especially when you live in America. It's so easy to forget that there is a whole other world on the other side of the planet. Before moving to Korea, I never journeyed to Asia, the closest I ever got was the Czech Republic. Thankfully, living in Korea has allowed us to explore other wonderful countries that I would never have the opportunity to visit.


Bayon Temple is one of the well known temples in the Angkor Wat complex. The most distinctive feature of Bayon Temple are the  many faces that cover the towers of the temple. It was built in the late 12th century, so many of the 216 massive faces have deteriorated over time. Despite this, what is left is truly breathtaking. I've never seen anything like it and it truly felt like I was stepping into unknown kingdom.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...