Wandering Wednesday | Boston Public Library and Museum of Fine Arts | 2010

Boston Public Library
In November of 2010, Markus and I visited our dear and wonderful friends, Ryan and Jessica for Thanksgiving. They are a beautiful married couple that have been with us since the beginning of our marriage. When we asked if they wanted us to come visit for Thanksgiving, they didn't even hesitate and told us to come. Markus and I were happy to oblige and spent another Thanksgiving away from home.


This was my second time in Boston, but the first time for Markus. I remembered loving Boston back then, but it was only for a weekend. I was 16, so I wasn't able to appreciate it as much as I should have. This time around I made sure to make the most of the trip. One of our first stops was the Boston Public Library and it was beautiful. As soon as we entered the main reading room, I stood for a minute in awe. It was the first time I was in a library that looked like the ones you see in films. It was amazing. We didn't have a lot of time there and I remember we had to hurry off somewhere else. 

Boston Museum of Fine Arts
My Favorite

On our first day, we went to the Museum of Fine Arts. There was a special deal going on where entrance was free if you went after 6pm. There was a line out the door and went all the way out to the street. We waited for about 30 minutes and finally made it inside. The place was packed and overflowing with people, but it was worth it. My favorite area of the museum was a large hall filled with paintings. The atmosphere was amazing and I could sit in there forever.  I wanted to take more photos, but there were too many people. After a couple hours, we left and it was the perfect way to end our first day in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...